Sik Pics Productions Inc. has been offering photography and videography services dedicated to telling unique and compelling stories since 2012. We have a passion for capturing once-in-a-lifetime moments, and think we’ve found the perfect balance of fun and professionalism.
Shreditor (Shooter, Editor, Director)
Chris has always been fuelled by creativity. His Dad, Cam (short for camera, of course!) taught high school graphic art and photography for 33 years. From a very early age, Cam taught Chris the basics of composition and lighting. Chris often steered dinner table conversation to photography questions. In many instances, Papa Sikorsky’s answer was “I’ve got a book on that!”. Years later, Chris found another creative outlet in music, which quickly turned into more of a lifestyle than a hobby. Chris taught guitar for three years at a music academy, recorded original songs in Nashville, formed original bands, and still performs in The Nightrain (a Guns N’ Roses tribute band) that has played 150 shows across Canada.
Before taking Sik Pics Productions full-time, Chris graduated with a diploma in Radio and Advanced Television Broadcasting from Western Academy Broadcasting College. His first gig was on the radio as a news anchor and reporter. It was then that his love for conducting interviews and storytelling began. Radio led Chris to a five year gig as a videographer for CTV News Saskatoon. Thousands of video shoots later, he had covered everything from federal elections to major sporting events to kitty fashion shows (not a typo). Chris grew accustomed to shooting and editing quickly and efficiently in all conditions. During this time, Chris also worked as a photography intern to further his knowledge.
In early 2016, Chris leapt head first into the world of entrepreneurship and turned Sik Pics into his full-time career. Not long after, he became the Saskatchewan Rush’s official commercial videographer. Chris’ resume includes photo and video for more than 90 weddings, prestigious fundraisers and award shows, music videos, family portraits, video advertisements, headshots, and documentary style videos.
A few fun facts about Chris:
- The YouTube and Facebook videos he has produced combine for tens of millions of views
- His (VERY optimistic) travel goal is to see 30 countries before he turns 30
- It’s only a matter of time before you’ll catch him quoting Back to the Future, Seinfeld, or Home Alone
- He has donated his time, talents, and money to charities such as Heart and Stroke Foundation, World Vision, Telemiracle, Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, Canadian Red Cross, Parkinson Canada, Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital, and Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- His first band had an original song and music video debut on Much Music in 2008
Director of Client Delight
It’s no wonder Kirstin has such a fascination for business. For as long as she can remember, her entrepreneurial parents have been involving her in their business ventures. Kirstin grew up on a farm outside of Moose Jaw, which came with many farm kid responsibilities (mowing acres of grass, shovelling grain, and cleaning out bins, to name a few). Her agricultural background led to four sweaty summers as a pedigree seed crop inspector for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, all while in university. These experiences produced Kirstin’s strong work ethic and ‘get-er-done’ attitude.
It would only take one university business class to cement her love for the business world. Kirstin graduated with a B.Comm (Marketing major) from the University of Saskatchewan. She chose to do the Edwards Co-operative Education program in the last year of her degree, blinked, and an eight month internship turned into six years of invaluable marketing experience at a local financial planning and group benefits consulting company. Some of Kirstin’s proudest accomplishments were the charity fundraiser events she was heavily involved in. Over three events, they raised more than $700,000 for the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation. When the opportunity to jump on board the Sik Pics train presented itself, she couldn’t pass up the opportunity to have some fun marketing a product on the opposite end of the spectrum from financial planning.
A few fun facts about Kirstin:
- She has travelled to 18 countries
- At her previous job, she worked in a huge cardboard castle built around her desk
- She lived on the east coast of Australia for three months
- While in Byron Bay, Australia, she dove out of a plane (at 15,000 feet!)
- She worked at Twisted Sisters in Chamberlain (if you’ve ever driven the highway between Saskatoon and Regina, you know the spot)
Katee has dreamt of being a photographer since the 5thgrade, when her family had portraits taken in a local studio. Though she was always quick to fill a disposable camera on family vacations, the studio sparked something new in her. Photography classes in high school confirmed Katee’s passion for the art and science and encouraged her to pursue further education in the trade. After taking some time off to travel, she found herself at Algonquin College in Ottawa where she completed a Diploma with Honours in Photography. Throughout her two years at college Katee learned the ins and outs of studio and environmental lighting and commercial photography, working with a wide range of subjects and an endless list of equipment. From magnifying coffee grounds to photographing synchronized swimmers underwater and hauling a 4×5 view camera down the frozen Rideau Canal, the in-the-field lessons she gained are invaluable.
Once returning home, Katee took her time breaking into the photography industry in the prairies. For two years she worked full time for a summer camp in Northern Saskatchewan, developing her passion for the outdoors. Today you can find her using every ounce of her free time canoeing, hiking, or camping – usually some combination of the three. Her favourite side project is guiding canoe trips on the Churchill River in efforts to make this unique part of Saskatchewan accessible to everyone. Katee’s life motto is to never turn down an adventure. This has helped her in her professional life as well, as she has taken opportunities to shoot festivals, professional sporting events, and arena concerts.
Katee first crossed paths with Sik Pics while she and Chris were shooting side by side at a Rush game. It wasn’t long before Chris and Kirstin brought Katee on board to photograph and edit weddings and commercial projects. Her technical knowledge, eye for detail, knack for problem solving, and adventurous spirit are well-fit additions to the Sik Pics team.
A few fun facts about Katee:
- After high school she moved to Madrid, Spain to work as a nanny for a year
- She completed an internship with an award winning wedding photographer in Southern California
- She once stood on the summit of two different volcanoes over 3700m within 12 hours
- World renowned photographer Steve McCurry (most known for his portrait of the Afghan Girl) awarded Katee the producer of the Best Portrait in her graduating class at Algonquin.
- She developed a digital asset management plan complete with a network attached server and redundant back ups for Sik Pics to keep their hundreds of thousands of media files secure. #NerdAlert